Mid-Level Technology Specialist
We are currently seeking a mid-level Technology Specialist. This position reports to the Operations Manager as a member of the support team. We are looking for an individual who is a problem solver and has a proven track record of working in a business managing a windows server based environment. This position requires the ability to think on your feet and take independent judgment to quickly resolve onsite, helpdesk, server, and network related issues. Additionally, this position will consist of conducting on-site assessments and working in conjunction with the sales team as sales engineer.
The ideal candidate should be energetic, customer focused, and possess tremendous phone presence. In this position they will log and manage customer service ticket requests for servers, desktops, backup devices, storage, and networking devices. They will be responsible to take initiative and appropriate service actions to meet customer commitments and exceed their expectations.
Technology Specialist will be responsible for following up with end users as well as internal support personnel to ensure accurate and up to date information is being delivered. Additionally,
will be responsible for IT remote support operations of various systems and applications: providing assistance for hardware support, proprietary software installation and support, upgrade and patch management, network management and support, and software and network troubleshooting tasks. Phone support is required, Must be articulate, friendly and knowledgeable. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of managing multiple tasks.
Require Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of telephone customer service experience in a fast paced environment
- 3-5 years of direct hands-on IT Helpdesk Support
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced work environment
- A proven ability to support and exceed customer expectations - Detailed Orientated
- Strong desktop OS troubleshooting skills and able to solve all desktop related issues
- Considerable knowledge in MS Server (2003,2008,and 2012)
- Considerable knowledge and troubleshooting skills in Exchange Server (2003,2001,2010, and 2013)
- Experience with Office 365 migrations and administration
- Strong Server Management and ability to do most tasks related to Active Directory
- Diagnose and solve Terminal Server related issues
- Experience installing SQL or database driven applications like Sage PFW, Mas 90, etc.
- Strong understanding of hypervisors (Hyper-V, vSphere, and / or Xen/Server)
- Setup backup systems and do complete backup management including restores
- Advanced knowledge of installing both desktop and server based applications
- Experience in setting up and managing LAN (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Subnets) and WAN.
- Experience in configuring and managing SonicWALL and / or Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills related to networking principles like VLANS, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Certifications related to Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Terminal Services, Citrix and VmWare are essential for this position.(MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, or VCP)
- Ability to interact with vendors on occasion to solve issues
- Ability to lead implementation projects as necessary
- Respond to emergencies during after hours (on-call rotation)